Sciatica can be a painful and debilitating condition. So here are my 5 top tips to add to your toolbox.
- My first stretch would be laying on your back knees bent. Place ankle over knee grasp your hands around the bent leg in the floor and gently pull it towards yourself. Hold between 30 seconds and 1 min. Repeat on the other leg.
- Sitting on a chair to a seated position placing the ankle over the knee pull the bent knee towards the body and hold for 30sec then gently push it away and hold for 30 sec repeat on the other leg.
- On the floor on all fours ( crawling position) take one leg and put it between yours arms and hips. Slide the back leg away and “sit” This us known a pigeon in yoga and is great for the sciatica nerve to release.
- Hamstring stretch lay on your back put a towel around your ankle and gently pull your leg towards you. Keeping the knee slightly bent and pushing the opposite leg into the ground. Hold for 30 seconds to 1 minute repeat on the opposite leg.
- Spinal twist. Stand knees slightly bent and hip width apart. Attempt to keep your hips facing forward and twist your top half from one side to the other. Do 10- 15 twists on each side.
If you need more support with your sciatica I am here to chat. Book your free discovery call now